West Brook High School
TIPS FOR TAKS TESTING SUCCESS
Although the following tips are generally for TAKS testing...the general ideas apply to other testing environments as well.
· Get several nights of good rest! DON’T HANG OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE A TEST. REST!
· Bring a small snack, such as a fruit or snack bar (please refrain from bringing chips or other food unsuitable for a test environment).
· Purchase and use ear plugs.
· Eat a good breakfast
· Find out your testing room # before test day.
· Bring 2- #2 sharpened pencils w/ erasers.
· Get to school and your testing room on time.
· Take your time! There is no rush.
· Follow instructions!
· Check over your work. Select the best answer. Look for proof.
· Answer all questions. If you don’t know an answer, make your best educated guess by crossing out the choices you know are wrong and selecting from the remaining choices (process of elimination).
· Use process of elimination (cross out the choices you know are wrong)
· Carefully read all maps, charts and graphs
· Read the question and ask yourself, “what do they want to know?”
· Reread to make sure you have answered the question.
· Underline the “real” question. Underline important information.
· Think positively! You have the smarts. You can and will pass. We believe that you have what it takes!