Steps for Entering Student Data
Leave this page open to answer questions you are going to
- Start Menu/Run
(the link doesn't work, go to Run, then type \\wbphoto\data )
to open the folder with the file for you to use.
- Enter Guest as your username, no
- Then 2x click the file for your #ed computer station.
This should launch AppleWorks. (If not, you may have to drag the data file
appropriate on to AppleWorks. Launch Apple Works via the Start/All Programs/AppleWorks
6, then AppleWorks. Leave AppleWorks visible in the back ground (gray screen).
- Type a Ctrl + R, or go to the “Edit” menu and
then go to “New Record”
- Type out data
- Hit “Tab” to go to next field. Shift + Tab takes you
- Be sure to use the Shift Key for capital
letters, like First Name & Last Name and Beaumont,
- DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS, LIKE THIS.
- Street number can only be a number…put the name of the
street in the next field.
- Do NOT type ANY
409 area codes...only area codes
OUTSIDE of 409 are necessary. DO put the dash.
Type Y or N for lab Safety (depending on if you
have completed my Brief Lab Safety Training done usually in September).
- You MAY need to manually click on the Group and
Enlarger numbers (which I will give to you shortly).
- Do not put anything in the Notes or
Contact Log fields.
- When done
- Select your record (make the record turn black by
clicking anywhere OTHER than a data field), hit a
Ctrl + (
- Ctrl + S to save, Ctrl + Q to quit
You may use your cell phone
to look up a number but PLEASE power down the phone when you are done.
Works via the Start/All Programs/AppleWorks menu. Run
\\wbphoto\Data\Student Data 2x click on the file appropriate for your computer
station to open it.
Once you are into the database, do a Ctrl + R to start a
new record. When you are done, do a Ctrl + S, then Ctrl + Q.
(If it opens to a dialog box, click on
Browse, then click on Apple Computer, then Apple Works, then Apple Works. If
this does not work, then click cancel, then click and drag on to the AppleWorks
application...the gray area of AppleWorks. If AppleWorks is not visible, you
will need to drag to the start bar, hover over the start bar, wait for the
program to come forward, and then drag onto the AppleWorks interface.)